Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Friday, November 14, 2008

"Two's a Crowd"

Time for the first entry in the Chuck Jones' Claude Cat VS Frisky Puppy trilogy.
I love how Claude tris subtle ways to get rid of the dog and then decides to just kill him chasing him around the house with an axe and with an homicidal look in his eyes.
Betwen this and "No Barking" there's one of the most boring cartoons Jones ever made. Hardly a Jones after 1948 was a miss but that was the case.
Anyway let's watch this, a very good entry that also shows how Jones' unit had the best animators!



Best,

Andrea

10 Comments:

Blogger David Germain said...

Easily an underrated classic. I hope it appears on a Looney Tunes dvd set soon. Although it is an extra feature on the Errol Flynn movie Rocky Mountain which is great.

12:58 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you mean the most boring, do you mean the second pairing of the two characters? That one sentence in the post didn't make much sense.

9:06 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

I mean the second pairing.
To me it made sense. I meant that among two very good shorts, as part of the trilogy, Jones directed one of his worst cartoons.
One with beautiful animation though.

10:04 pm

 
Blogger Martin Juneau said...

I haven't seen this cartoon in my lifetime. Just the two other shorts who appear regularly on ABC and then on Teletoon later.

Those have pretty good and dark animations like from Ken Harris and Emery Hawkins.

4:24 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean the second pairing.
To me it made sense. I meant that among two very good shorts, as part of the trilogy, Jones directed one of his worst cartoons.
One with beautiful animation though.


What I meant was that the sentence wasn't worded right. That's why I was confused with that sentence.

3:53 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Looked to me as it was working.
Forgive me for any misnderstanding.

6:37 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. Can't wait for your next post.

1:23 pm

 
Blogger Michael Richards said...

Great blog, really interesting classics!

1:38 pm

 
Blogger olaf675 said...

You can now view "Two's a Crowd" at YouTube:

Two's a Crowd (1950)

It was posted by 'molokaicreeper' in late November, 2008. Unfortunately, the video quality isn't too good.

I think it is the equal, if not better than "Terrier Stricken". "No Barking" is my least favorite of the three Frisky Puppy/Claude Cat cartoons. It's too bad it's the only one in a Looney Tunes DVD collection.

Great to hear that it's available in the Errol Flynn DVD "Rocky Mountain".

I don't understand why Duck Dodgers thinks any of the Frisky Puppy/Claude Cat cartoons could be even considered one of Chuck Jones worst cartoons. (Perhaps I'm missing something.) Ever see "Duck Dodgers and the Return of the 24½ Century" (1980)? (Available on DailyMotion - search for 'Dodgers' and 'pierrot77', if my coding is lost). Now, that sequel was unnecessary.

Thanks for your blog.

4:36 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

The sequel you are talking about was made decades after the Studio had closed.
No need to consider it among the classics.

9:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter